Monday, July 14, 2014

Serum No 5: Glowin' of Eden is so Awesome Blossom Together!



Hiya Guys!


Today I have for you a super adorable, spring like mani, using some Serum No5 polishes. These were released in the spring, but I haven't worn them till now, and even if it is a bit out of season, I am still loving these polishes. I used Glowin' Of Eden and Awesome Blossom in today's post.


Serum-No-5-Glowin-Of-Eden-Awesome-Blossom-Swatch-Vivid-Lacquer-Nail-Stamping


Serum-No-5-Glowin-Of-Eden-Awesome-Blossom-Swatch-Vivid-Lacquer-Nail-Stampin


Serum-No-5-Glowin-Of-Eden-Awesome-Blossom-Swatch-Vivid-Lacquer-Nail-Stampin


Serum-No-5-Glowin-Of-Eden-Awesome-Blossom-Swatch-Vivid-Lacquer-Nail-Stampin

And of course! the glow shot! 


Serum-No-5-Glowin-Of-Eden-Awesome-Blossom-Swatch-Vivid-Lacquer-Nail-Stampin


First, let me start off by saying, I had a little fail with these nails, and at first I wasn't going to share these with you guys, but then I remembered that I want this blog to document it all. The good, the bad, and downright terrible, so posted they were! Now, let me explain what happened,  the stamp transferred cleanly, however, since it was a scribble like design, the tips look like it didn't, since those were the tops of the hearts that went off the tip of the nail so it ended up just looking a bit messy, I should have lined the stamp up a bit better, but I learned, and will know better for next time. When you are not up close you can't tell at all, so even with that small bit of fail on my part, I still love, love how this turned out, not to mention it is so fun in the dark!

To get this look, I started with a base of Glowin of Eden on all my fingers. It was a bit sheer, at least for me, perhaps since my nails are longer, and to get rid of all VNL I ended up with 4 thin coats, it wasn't a huge issue, but something I thought I would note. I think next time I use this polish, I will start with a white base. Once that was dry, I taped my thumb (not shown) pointer, and pinky fingers and painted Awesome Blossom onto the tips. I sponged on in a checkered pattern Glowin' Of Eden and Awesome Blossom onto my middle and ring fingers, and then stamped over that in Vivid Lacquer plate VL 009. I then top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on top and voila!  glowy nails! 

Overall, despite my slight stamping fail, which in hindsight I should have fixed, I still really adore this look, and can see myself wearing these glow polishes over and over again. Plus, charging them up and playing with them in the dark is so much fun! :P I am such a dork sometimes! Ha Ha! 

Alright guys and gals, I think that covers it for today, I hope everyone is having a great week. I know, I missed Red Coat Tuesday again this week, but between school and general summer chaos I just lost track of time, and they didn't get done. I did watch the episode though, and the thing I have been hoping would happen, happened!. I have so much Caleb love it is ridiculous, I can't help it, his awesome makes my heart happy! Anyway, till next time Kittens! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment