Monday, August 4, 2014

Colors By Llarowe: Alternate Universe Mermaid Nails!


Hey Guys!

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend, It is still kinda the weekend here, since it is civic holiday today here in Canadaland, so I am just enjoying a lazy Monday afternoon. Today I have for you a gorgeous polish from Colors By Llarowe. If you have been around here a while, you know I have a borderline obsession with all things CBL, and have this insane need to own all the CBL polishes! lol Today I am showing off Alternate Universe, a gorgeous green/blue shade with a ton of gold shimmer.


Colors-By-Llarowe-Alternate-Universe-Mermaid-Nails


Colors-By-Llarowe-Alternate-Universe-Mermaid-Nails


Colors-By-Llarowe-Alternate-Universe-Mermaid-Nails


Colors-By-Llarowe-Alternate-Universe-Mermaid-Nails


Since to me this was a gorgeous mermaid blue/green, I just had to try some mermaid nails! To get this look, I started with a base of Colors By Llarowe Alternate Universe on all my fingers, which by the way is a 1 coater, that goes on buttery smooth. Once that was dry, I pulled out Zoya Muse, and Zoya Staasi, from the recent Bubbly collection. (I still can't seem to get enough of those polishes) and painted Muse over the bottom half of my nail in a loose gradient using the polish brush, then once that was dry to the touch, I took Staasi and painted the tip to add a bit of sparkle and interest into my mermaid scales. I then covered the whole nail in China Glaze Fairy Dust. While I waited for my nails to dry enough to stamp over, I took China Glaze Nova and with a very, very soft hand, added some more glitter to my ring finger. You want to be very careful not to put to much glitter on the nail with this polish, since it is  fairly dense and can easily cover to much on the nail. Once that was dry enough that the glitters wouldn't move around I took Glam Polish Mermagic (cause seriously, how could you leave this polish out when doing mermaid nails) and with a bit of glitter placement using the brush, added that into the mix. The final step to my glitter accent nail was taking a few different size clear studs from Born Pretty Store and placing them on the nail.  I stamped all my other fingers including my thumb, using MoYou London Sailor Plate 05 in Cult Nails Nevermore.  I then top coated with HK girl and yay! super sparkly mermaid nails! 

I really think these look like mermaid nails! I even showed the boyfriend when I was finished and he said "ohh cool! Mermaid nails!" so at the very least it passes boyfriend approval! :P I really love that they were fairly easy to do, and that the bubbly collection, which I honestly can't say enough amazing things about, made the gradient look effortless. Seriously if you don't have any of these polishes, you need to add it to your list of things you NEED in your life!

Alright guys and gals, I think that covers it for today? Is anyone else having a love affair with the Bubbly collection like I am? Have you done mermaid nails recently? Let me know in the comments! Till next time Kittens! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment