Monday, November 17, 2014

Duo-Chrome Galaxy Nails with Cult Nails Nevermore!

Hiya Guys!!



I want to start off, with a bit of an update, I know my blog posts have been a bit sporadic, between that nasty sinus infection and school I haven't had much time left over for even my nails, let alone blogging :l I am  really hoping to get everything back on track soon, so please just bare with me for now!! Know that it is greatly appreciated!! :D

Anyway, onto today's nails!! I actually did these at the end of last week, but I only was able to show off an image on Instagram.. Today I want to show them off here! My galaxy nails!




Cult-Nails-Nevermore-Galaxy-Nail-Art


Cult-Nails-Nevermore-Galaxy-Nail-Art


Cult-Nails-Nevermore-Galaxy-Nail-Art


First things first, I am sure you have noticed that I joined the nub club! I had a pretty nasty break on my middle finger, and instead of a nail repair, I just took the plunge and went for some nubs! I thought I wouldn't like them, I was worried that short nails would look weird on my hands but honestly,. I am kiinda into how cute and adorable they look! 

To get this look, I started with a base of Cult Nails Nevermore, which if I haven't mentioned before is THE perfect one coat black polish. That and Tempest (white by Cult Nails) are my go to black and white polishes. I just love, love, love them! When the black base was dry to the touch, I took out a makeup sponge and tore tiny pieces off of it. I started with Tempest. I used the torn up sponge bits and, dabbed with a SUPER light hand, Tempest on all my nails in random spots. A soft touch is so important here. I honestly can't stress that enough, if you are to heavy handed, you will end up with way to much polish on your nail, less is more! I then did the same thing with OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana except instead of a random pattern on my nails, I tried to put it on the edges of the white. The third colour was OPI Hey Baby, with the pink, I mostly tried to fill out the image, while still keeping a random galaxy look going on. The awesome thing about this is, there is no right or wrong way to do it, and if you find you aren't loving how your galaxy is turning out, just go in with some more colours and fill it out to your liking! When I was satisfied with the galaxy pattern on all my nails I took out piCture pOlish Gravity, which was a limited edition polish and I am not entirely sure if it is still available, but you could use any semi sheer duo-chrome here, as long as it is fairly sheer it should work the exact same!  I simply painted a coat over over all my freshly sponged nails.  At this point you could also add a soft glitter like Fairy Dust by China Glaze, but since Gravity has all those gorgeous holo particles I left well enough alone. At this point I top coated and waited for everything to dry. I then took out plate Bundle Monster BM-610 from the new CYO2014 set, and stamped in Mundo De Unas White. I tried to be as random as possible here, so that each nail would look a bit different. I then took a small nail art brush and using Cult Nails Tempest I added a few more stars and dots where I thought they were needed. I then top coated everything and voila! Galaxy nails!!

Whew! I know that all sounds like a lot, but honestly, it was super simple! The best part about this look is how easy it is, and how random you are encouraged to be! The more random the prettier the end result! I also really love the Duo-chrome look in this, I had never heard of doing that before, but I got the idea, and just had to give it a try! You can't tell much in these pictures, but it really adds a lot of depth to this look!  I can't believe I have never done galaxy nails before, and I know I will be trying this again soon!

Alright guys and gals, I think that covers it for today. This has already been an incredibly wordy post! I really hope you enjoyed my galaxy nails as much as I do! Till next time Kittens! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment